Sunday, February 17, 2013

Kindle Cover Makeover!!!!

I love my new kindle!  (I actually have 3 kindles.... each of the past three kindles that have come out, I've got.)  I love the ease of them.... and I can read and Pinterest without moving outta my comfy chair! 

I got the new Kindle HD for Christmas.  My daughter Katie Sue was getting herself a new Kindle HD cover (she got one for Christmas too!) and because she loves me, she got me one too!  And it is a great cover! However...... I've Kopykating everything under the sun lately...  And my old nogen started working.... and I ended up with an original idea!  I know!  I cant believe it happened either!  But low and behold, here it is.... and I had to go over the top and add some bling.... which I don't usually do.... but I decided I might as well go for it!   and you know what?  I LOVE IT!!

Check it out and let me know what you think!

     




Here she is in all her previous glory. Hot Pink and Corral.    But I was busy Kindling today and that's when the idea hit me!  From clean and crisp to WOW!!!    I am so proud!

Here's what you need:


Kindle cover - Walmart
design paper - Michaels (pick out one that is thick)  it takes the adhesive spray better) :)
3M Spray Adhesive - Home Depot
Black Sharpie - Anywhere, hehehe...
Pre-adhesive bling - Michaels
Tweezers - bathroom
Sizzors - kitchen junk drawer



First get your Kindle cover... this one was a Belkin brand with imitation leather.
Go to your local craft store and pick out a piece of paper to match your cover.  I have a stack of papers in every darn imaginable design. (u just never know when your gonna need it) and I am a sucker for the clearance papers. They are usually .09 cents to .99 cents each.  Those are the ones I grab.  Ok, so once you picked out your paper. you need to pick up some 3M spray adhesive.  I already had that too!  A black sharpie....

Then I drew an out line of the kindle cover on my paper.


Then I cut it about 1/16 smaller than the line I drew.


Sharpie time.... Yes I probably coulda and maybe shoulda used something else.  But as Si says,"Hey! It's what I got!" and Sharpie about a 1/4 of an inch around the  area you will b putting the paper... like so!


I know.... I'm so fancy!  Now after you've Sharpied your outlined area. Place your paper on it and double check how it looks.  More than likely you'll need to make an adjustment on the paper size... I don't have a fancy paper cutter.  I do have a pair of sissors!  hehehe. And I made mine a tad bit smaller after placing it on the area.  I wanted the black to show a bit and I was concerned the paper would not roll toward the stitching either.

Lay a trash bag on your flat surface and then flip your paper over and spray the back of the paper it. It is very important to lay something down and spray over it!!  You don't want that adhesive getting all over the place!  Don't be shy!  Get it good and covered. Place it on the cover. You don't have a lot of mess around time.  So go nice and slow and give it a good eyeball!



Place something heavy on it for about 5 to 10 minutes.... I am inpatient... I lasted 5!  :)


That jug above happens to be 8 lbs of Coconut oil.... but that is for another project!  But it was nice and heavy!!


Ok, get your cover.  It's sat long enough. How do you like it so far?  I thought mine looked pretty awesome at this stage!   And I thought I was finished..... for about 5 seconds!  Then the bling factor was formed in my nogen.... and since I already had some self adhesive pink blings already on hand..... I got a pair of tweezers and got to blinging!!  Ya baby!!!




 It's absolutely beautiful!  And best of all it didn't cost me a penny!!!!


Thanks for tuning in!


Do u have a kindle cover make over! share it with me!

I am linking up with:

Savvy Southern Style


No comments:

Post a Comment